an award-winning multimedia journalist based in Virginia.
in journalism as a public service that is used to better the community.
a passion for constructive solutions journalism that has led me to internships, freelance work and my current role as the Government & Climate Reporter for Charlottesville Tomorrow.
a Master of Science in Multimedia Journalism from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2018 and a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism + Design from The New School in 2015.
Multimedia Intern | ABC 8 WRIC
May 2017 – August 2017
Managed social media and website content on the night of Virginia’s 2017 gubernatorial primaries
Filed over 50 Freedom of Information Act requests to assist the station’s lead investigative reporter
Conducted field interviews for various stories including city officials, property owners, and citizens in crisis due to fire and accidents
Produced over 20 multimedia packages to enhance stories for web and broadcast
Editorial Intern | GayRVA.com | RVA Magazine
January 2017 – May 2017
Tracked 10 LGBT-related bills in committee at Virginia’s 2017 General Assembly
Interviewed a Libyan college student who was renewing her visa abroad during the travel ban
Profiled candidates and reported on campaign events for the House of Delegates and the Gubernatorial primaries
March 2019 – Present
• Cover city, county, and state politics focusing on equity, race, and climate.
• Collaborate with the editorial team and freelance journalists to create digital and multimedia journalism projects that offer solutions to long-standing problems.
• Develop trusted source networks among government leaders and staff, in addition to community and nonprofit leaders.
Government + Climate Reporter
September 2017 – Present
• Created the visual trailer for the “Southern Nightmare” podcast in partnership with Style Weekly and WRIR radio
• Tracked the progress of more than 70 gun-related bills in Virginia’s 2018 General Assembly for an article featuring a Las Vegas survivor that was picked up by several publications throughout the state
• Documented Virginia’s 2017 general election through photography, written articles, and videos, to include profiles of the Lt. Gov. candidates and a Style Weekly Facebook video of a campaign event that garnered more than 4.6K views
Freelance Multimedia Journalist
Style Weekly | Capital News Service | The Virginia Mercury
September 2018 – January 2019
• Broke news of the Board of Pharmacy’s selections for Virginia’s first five medical cannabis dispensaries
• Scooped a story on The Giving Wall, a fusion of philanthropy, technology, and municipal government, to benefit low-income residents with specific one-off needs
• Published over 70 stories on startups, small businesses, and the intersection of politics and business
• Learned key jargon and technical concepts to understand businesses in their context
• Expanded journalist toolkit of working with public records and searching databases
May 2017 – August 2017
• Managed social media and website content on the night of Virginia’s 2017 gubernatorial primaries
• Filed over 50 Freedom of Information Act requests to assist the station’s lead investigative reporter
• Conducted field interviews for various stories including city officials, property owners, and citizens in crisis due to fire and accidents
• Produced over 20 multimedia packages to enhance stories for web and broadcast
ABC 8 WRIC